What Are Jackpot Slot Machines?
In standard slot machines, the maximum payout is limited depending on the paying coefficients of the symbol combos. In a jackpot slot at a casino, there are no such limits. You play for a large prize pool, and it either has a fixed size or is formed from players’ bets.
Slot machines with a jackpot work using a random number generator. Players can not predict if and when the jackpot will come up. There are no schemes or strategies that guarantee a win. However, using the right tactics can help you increase your odds of success when playing casino slot machines and games.
How Jackpots Work
Jackpot is the main prize that can be won in the special slots. It is played either in random mode or in separate bonus rounds. To hit the jackpot, you need to get a combination of special symbols. Sometimes you can get it even in free casino slots and games.
To understand how this prize system works, you need to evaluate the following factors:
- The number of reels in the slot can affect the probability of winning the main prize. The more there are, the harder it is to get the right combo. So, it is better to choose a slot machine with 7, 5 or fewer reels.
- The size of the bet also matters. The chances of getting a large payout, including the jackpot, are higher in slot machines with a wider range of spin value.
- In some slots, you can choose the number of active lines. The more active lines there are, the higher the chances of winning, though there are usually large investments required for this. Some slots offer tens, hundreds, or even thousands of ways to form prize combos instead of traditional active lines.
In some slots, several jackpots are active and played at the same time. Sometimes the payouts from bonus rounds exceed the main prize pool.
Types of Jackpots at Casinos
In all jackpot slots, you can get a big payout. But the mechanics of prize pool formation depends on its type.
A progressive jackpot has no size limit. It forms from players’ bets. From each bet, a certain percentage goes to the prize pool. The jackpot grows continuously until someone wins it.
With this type, all bets made in any casino in the same slot help to form the prize pool.
Progressive slots have a jackpot counter. It displays the current size of the prize pool in real-time.
A local jackpot is formed from bets made by players in a particular casino. Because of this, the size of this jackpot type is smaller than the a size of a progressive jackpot. This jackpot can be won only by a registered player.
Network or Pooled
These jackpots are large in size. The mechanics of their formation is similar to those of a progressive jackpot. From each bet made in a particular slot in several casinos, a certain percentage is transferred to the grand prize pool.
Prize pools in these jackpots are fixed. The amount is predetermined by the casino, and it does not depend on the number of bets made.
In some slot machines, there are not one, but several jackpots played at the same time. You can get them in random mode or in separate rounds.
How to Win in Online Jackpot Slots
There is no special strategy for winning the main prize in online jackpot slot machines. There are, however, recommendations, that should be followed to increase your chances.
Learn Slots’ Volatility
Volatility determines the risks. In slots with a progressive jackpot, the risk is usually quite high. This means that the wins on said slot machine are rare but big. Low-volatility titles can also have jackpots, though not as impressive. These slot machines give winnings more often but in smaller amounts. They suit players who are not ready to take big risks and are satisfied with regular modest winnings.
Bigger bets increase your chances of hitting the jackpot. Some slots come with restrictions: to get the grand prize, your bet has to exceed a set amount. Before playing, you should consider the limits of the slot and make sure that your bankroll is big enough.
Stick to the Bankroll
Online jackpot game in slots can deliver very big winnings. However, it’s never wise to bet your last money on an attractive opportunity. You need to figure out in advance what amount you are willing to spend on bets. It has to be the sum that you can lose comfortably without putting a strain on your bankroll.
It’s not recommended to play with borrowed money. Keep in mind that real money gambling is very risky.
It’s highly dangerous to deviate from the amount that you have set aside. The size of the bet has to be proportionate to your bankroll.
Before betting real money, it is best to test the slot machine for free. To do this, you can use demo mode. All the parameters of the slot remain the same: payoff, volatility, bonus options, etc. You place bets with virtual chips. There are no financial risks involved here. Although you can’t assess the mechanics of jackpot drawing in demo mode, it can still help you learn more about slot features and understand whether it is profitable for playing with real money.
Best Software Providers
You can find online slots with jackpots in the collections of many providers.
Prize pool draws are used by the following developers:
- Big Time Gaming
- Novomatic and others.
Best Online Jackpot Slots
There are progressive and local jackpots offered in many slot machines. To play, it is best to choose legitimate slots from popular providers. They are presented in the rating on this page.
The list of the most popular slots includes the following:
- Mega Moolah (Microgaming). A popular game about Africa. This slot is known for having delivered the biggest jackpot ever. It has 5 reels and 25 paylines. It offers a total of 4 jackpots, each of which can be won in random mode. There are also free spins and increased multipliers available in the slot machine.
- Mega Fortune (NetEnt). This slot is dedicated to luxurious, glamorous life. It has 5 reels of 3 rows and 25 paylines. Slots’s volatility is low, which lets you get frequent winnings. To activate the jackpot round, you need to get three bonus symbols on the first three reels.
- Arabian Nights (NetEnt). Classic slot based on Arabic fairy tales. For a chance to win the jackpot, you need to bet at least 5 euros per spin. The slot machine has a medium dispersion, 5 reels, and 10 prize lines. There are also free spins and increased multipliers.
- Gladiator (Playtech). The slot machine is based on a popular movie of the same name. It has 25 active lines, but this number may vary. Here, you have a chance to win a progressive prize pool. There are also bonus rounds and free spins. Additionally, the slot offers a risk game where you can double the payout.
- Cleopatra (IGT). This slot is for history lovers, and here you can also win a progressive jackpot. Includes 5 reels and 20 paylines. The betting range is quite wide. There is a scatter that activates free spins. There are also increased multipliers provided.
All slots have demo versions, which let you test their parameters without financial risks.
Biggest Jackpot Wins
Some slots with a progressive jackpot can make a lucky player a millionaire in just a few spins.
The biggest winnings in the slot machines are presented below.
Slots with a progressive jackpot let you win big. At the same time, with the wrong approach, it’s easy to lose everything. So, it is important to choose verified slot machines and manage you bankroll.
Unfortunately, there is no such possibility, because all results in online jackpot slots are determined randomly. You should pay attention to the jackpot amount. If the jackpot has been won recently, it’s unlikely to be won again soon.
There are no exact statistics on the frequency of winnings. On average, the jackpot hits approximately every 10 thousand spins.
It depends on the financial policy of the casino. At some casinos, a large amount can be withdrawn immediately, at others — in several payouts.
It is a parameter that determines what percentage of the bets made returns to players. The return of 96% is considered optimal.
In demo versions, you can not get real winnings. However, with them you can test slots without financial losses and check their parameters.